People with disabilities and deformities may be shunned by their community, denying them opportunities like education and employment that most normal persons take for granted.
Such patients may also have severe correctable deformities that prevent them from leading a normal life.
In some cases, a productive member of the society is denied valuable opportunities in life in order to take care of the severely disabled family member. Typically, a girl child makes this sacrifice. Most such patients and their attendants belong to economically weaker sections of the society and may not be aware of treatments available.
Aakar Asha aims to provide reconstructive surgery free of cost to such patients and help enable them become productive members of the society. Awareness and affordable treatment being provided by charities like Aakar Asha is the only hope for such disabled persons.
Aakar Asha can carry out its activities only with the support of its sponsors.
A 130 bed, 55,000 sft. specialty hospital spread over 2 acres with modern facilities has been established by very generous contributions from sponsors. The sponsors include Shivananda Rehabilitation Home, GMR Varalaxmi Foundation, Mr. Satish Reddy - Dr. Reddys Labs, Mr. G.V. Prasad - Dr. Reddys Labs, Mr. Pratab Reddy - Penna Cements, GAIL India, RINL Vizag, SBI, SBH and REC.
Cost of surgery and treatment:
Aakar Asha is seeking contributions from its sponsors for the following costs:
- Cost of consumables like medicines, surgical consumables, etc.
- Cost of diagnostics.
- Cost of visiting doctors like anesthetists, orthopedicians, physiotherapists, speech therapists, etc.
- Medicines for post operative care.
- Cost of day to day expenses apportioned to hundreds of surgeries a year like salaries, utility bills, housekeeping, security, other admin expenses, etc.
- Note that infrastructure facilities like hospital, OTs, ER, dormitories, etc. are being provided free of cost.
- The average cost of surgery for partially or fully subsidized patients is estimated to be Rs. 30,000.
How can sponsors help?
Sponsors can help by making a donation to Aakar Asha Hospital. The following donations shall be appreciated:
- Individual donors can contribute for one surgery per annum, ie. Rs.30,000.
- Small and medium businesses can contribute for 5 surgeries per annum, ie. Rs. 1,50,000.
- Corporates can contribute for 20 surgeries per annum, ie. Rs. 6,00,000.
See what your donation can do! Watch the transformation in progress:
- Each donor will get online access to the details of patients who have benefitted by their contribution.
- Each donor will be able to view the details of surgeries conducted through their donations including the details of the patients, their social and economic status, before and after pictures.
- Each donor will be given access to the annual records and finances of the hospital upon request.
Payments for donations can be made in the following ways:
- Online payment.
- Pay order or cheque in favour of M/s. Narsingh Swain Memorial Trust.
- RTGS, NEFT, Wire transfer, Net banking: M/s. Narsingh Swain Memorial Trust, Account No: 107511011000174, Bank: Andhra Bank, Branch: Apollo Hospitals, Jubilee hills, IFSC Code: ANDB0001075.
If you wish to make a contribution to this worthy cause, please register yourself by clicking on the link below and you can proceed to make a donation right now!
We brought our son to the free surgical screening camp conducted by Aakar Asha Hospital at CIA premises, Cherlapally. Dr. Swain had examined my son and asked to come for operation to Aakar Asha Hospital, Kukatpally. He operated my son that too free of cost. The hospital staff has treated us very well. I thank Dr. Swain and the management also. We have no objection to display the message on website. P. Jyothi, Mother